What Is Americorps
AmeriCorps members dedicate a year of their lives to intensive community service. AmeriCorps members serve at nonprofits, schools, faith-based and other community-based organizations and can serve in full-time or part-time roles. During their year of service, AmeriCorps members receive a modest living allowance and may also receive health benefits, training, and student loan deferment. Upon completion of service, AmeriCorps members receive a college scholarship to help pay for college costs or student loans.
AmeriCorps is also a valuable pipeline to careers in education, nonprofit, and public service.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County is recruiting 30 AmeriCorps members to provide out-of-school education support, mentoring, service-learning activities, pre-college and college enrollment services to 170 high school age youth at 7 Clubs.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
- U.S. Citizens, U.S. nationals, and legal permanent residents
- Ages 18 and up
- Must have a High School Diploma or a GED
Provide one year commitment, full-time or part-time
Be able to work in an afterschool Boys & Girls Club
- Health insurance for full-time members
- Child care benefits for full-time members, if eligible
Federal student loan forbearance
Non-competitive eligibility for federal jobs
- Serve at a Boys & Girls Club (schedule determined with supervisor)
- Participate in professional development trainings
|Annual living allowance
READY TO CHANGE A CHILD’S TOMORROW?
Contact us at email@example.com or 561-683-3287.
Or fill out the form below!