Boys & Girls Club of Delray Beach
Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County works to help youth of all backgrounds develop the qualities needed to become responsible citizens and leaders. The Club offers daily access to a broad range of programs in six core program areas: Character and Leadership Development; Education and Career Development; Health and Life Skills; The Arts; Sports and Fitness, and Technology.
Monday – Friday from 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Summer, winter and spring breaks, teacher planning days
Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- $30 annual membership fee for school year
- Affordable fees for extended programs (summer/spring/winter)
- Nominal fees for transportation
- Scholarships available
- Total Club membership: 760
- 55% are boys and 45% are girls
- 79% are African American, 11% are Multiracial, 5% are Hispanic, and 5% are White
- 69% live in single parent or non-traditional households
- 67% live in households with annual income less than $30,000
- 56% of Club members qualify for free or reduced lunch at school
- Learning center, computer lab, dance studio, junior and senior game rooms, cafeteria and snack bar, gymnasium, library, arts & crafts room, teen center.
- 21,000 square feet
In the mid-nineties, recognizing the need to give Delray Beach’s youth a safe alternative out of school, local leaders including former Mayor Tom Lynch and local business leader, Marc deBaptiste joined forces to open a Boys & Girls Club.
In conjunction with the Board of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County, they opened the first Club in the old Carver Middle School in 1997. In 1998, the Club moved into the former Catherine Strong Center.
The organization eventually conducted a capital campaign to build a new 21,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility. Through the generous support of Naoma Donnelley Haggin, the Forrest & Frances Lattner Foundation, and other supporters, the Naoma Donnelley Haggin Boys & Girls Club opened in May 2005.
When my office job changed my work hours til 6pm, I thought I had no choice but to let my two daughters become latch key kids. Then I found the Delray Boys & Girls Club. I am so appreciative of the Boys and Girls Club for what they have brought to my family: Safety, peace of mind and a supportive, encouraging environment.
Register today for Boys & Girls Club of Boca Raton.