Boys & Girls Club of Boca Raton
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County works to help youth of all backgrounds develop the qualities needed to become responsible citizens and leaders. The Club offers daily access to a broad range of programs in six core areas: character and leadership development; education and career development; health and life skills; the arts; sports and fitness; and technology.
School year Monday - Friday 2 p.m. - 8 p.m. Summer, winter and spring breaks, teacher planning days 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- $30 annual membership fee for school year
- Nominal fees for transportation
- Affordable fees for extended programs (summer/spring/winter)
- Scholarships available
- 319 Club members
- 56% boys, 44% girls
- 47% African American, 19% Hispanic, 19% White
- 67% of the youth served live in non-traditional or single-parent households
- 54% live in households with annual income less than $30,000
- 42% of Club members qualify for free or reduced lunch at school
- 4,100 Square Feet
- Front offices, police substation, computer room, arts & crafts, game room, classroom/library
1994 was the beginning of the New Pines Outreach program, supported by grants from the business community. In 1995, The New Pines Foundation, Inc. was formed to spearhead construction of a neighborhood center. The foundation, in partnership with the city, local companies and individuals, negotiated the land lease and secured the funds to construct the New Pines Neighborhood Center in 1997. The building and courtyard encompasses a total of 8,200 square feet. The center was staffed by community police officers, an activities director, and volunteers. By reaching out to the entire neighborhood with services, support and care, the New Pines program became a focal point of the community. In 2002, New Pines approached the Boys & Girls Club of Palm Beach County with a merger proposal. The transition took almost 2 years, and finally, on November 10, 2004, the New Pines Neighborhood center became the Boys & Girls Club of Boca Raton.
My children love attending the Boys & Girls Club of Boca Raton, and I’ve had both in the Club since they were 7 years old. My 9 year old asks if she can go back on the weekends!
Register today for Boys & Girls Club of Boca Raton.