341 SW 12th St, Belle Glade, FL 33430
Phone: (561) 992-5399
Club Director: Softin Miller
2 -8 p.m.
Summer, winter and spring breaks, teacher planning days
7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- $30 annual membership fee for school year
- Affordable fees for extended programs (summer/spring/winter)
- Nominal fees for transportation
- Scholarships available
- Total membership: 370
- 43% are boys and 57% are girls
- 88% are African Americans, 7% are Hispanic, 1% are Caucasian and 4% are multiracial
- 72% live in a single parent or non-traditional households
- 75% live in households with annual income less than $30,000
- 73% of our Club members qualify for free or reduced lunch at school
- State-of-the-art career readiness center with a focus on Technology/STEM, Digital Media, Performing Arts, Culinary Arts, and a variety of College Prep and Career Launch programs.
- The William H. Pitt Gymnasium.
- 13,000 sq. ft.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County works to help youth of all backgrounds develop the qualities needed to become responsible citizens and leaders. The Club offers daily access to a broad range of programs in six core program areas: Character and Leadership Development; Education and Career Development; Health and Life Skills; The Arts; Sports and Fitness; and Technology.
- 21st Century Programs- Academic Enrichment
- Computer and Technology Education
- Daily homework help
- Daily inside and outside recreation
- Dance Classes
- Leadership Programs
- Character Education
- Sports & Fitness
- STEM Programs
- Summer/Spring/Winter Camps
- Tutoring with certified teachers
- College and Career Readiness programs ( Career Bound)
- Financial Literacy
- Lyricism 101
- Health and Wellness
In September 1994, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County proposed an outreach and partnership program to all Glades’ area schools.
By December, an agreement was reached for the Club to assume the operation of after school programs in three elementary schools in Belle Glade.
Over the years, the Glades’ area Boys & Girls Club grew to encompass six school-based sites and one stand-alone facility, serving more than 1,200 youth through programs and outreach. The Teen Center serves 200 members and is growing fast!
“My teenager has grown up in the Boys & Girls Clubs in the Glades, and now he is a mentor at the Teen Center. He is a shining light and positive role model to the other teens, and he is going to college in the fall! Thank you Teen Center!”