Glades – Pioneer Park Elementary
39500 Pioneer Park Road
Belle Glade, FL 33430
Club Director: Imelda Rodriguez
Monday – Friday 2 – 6 p.m.
School break locations may vary, but are usually hosted at several of Glades area school-based club sites each year.
- $30 annual membership fee for school year
- Affordable fees for extended programs (summer/spring/winter)
- Nominal fees for transportation
- Scholarships available
- Total membership: 282
- 48% are boys and 52% are girls
- 71% are African-American, 27% are Hispanic, 1% are Caucasian and 1% are multiracial
- 68% live in single parent or non-traditional households
- 87% live in households with annual income less than $30,000
- 86% of our Club members qualify for free or reduced lunch at school
- Six school based sites including: Belle Glade Elementary, Glade View Elementary, Pioneer Park Elementary, Gove Elementary, Canal Point Elementary (in Canal Point), and Rosenwald Elementary(in South Bay.)
- Cafeteria, gymnasium, outdoor play areas, technology centers, Rent-A-Center Library, basketball courts, arts & crafts, prevention-based program rooms.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County works to help youth of all backgrounds develop the qualities needed to become responsible citizens and leaders. The Club offers daily access to a broad range of programs in six core program areas: character and leadership development; education and career development; health and life skills; the arts; sports and fitness; and technology.
- 21st Century Programs-Academic Enrichment
- Arts & Crafts
- Character Education
- Computer and Technology Education
- Cultural Arts
- Daily homework help
- Daily inside and outside recreation
- Dancing Classes
- Health and Wellness
- Leadership Programs
- Prevention programs
- Sports & Fitness
- Summer/Spring/Winter camps
- Tutoring with certified teachers
In September 1994, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County proposed an outreach and partnership program to all Glades’ area schools.
By December, an agreement was reached for the Club to assume the operation of after school programs in three elementary schools in Belle Glade.
Over the years, the Glades’ area Boys & Girls Club grew to encompass six school-based sites and one stand-alone facility, serving more than 1,200 youth through programs and outreach. A majority of the clubs offer both a before-school care and an after-school care program.
“My kids are having so much fun at the Club, it’s hard to get them to come home in the evenings! I love it!”