In front of a sold-out crowd of 1000, Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County President & CEO Jaene Miranda was honored as a Hispanic Women of Distinction on Friday, September 10 at the Signature Grand in Davie, Fla. This is the 20th anniversary of the event that pays tribute to Latina professionals who are strengthening the social fabric of the country and making inroads in the leadership pipeline for a growingly diverse nation.
“The Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County is lucky to have Jaene Miranda as its leader,” said Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County Corporate Board Member Julie Kime, who also attended the event. “I can’t think of another leader who is more deserving of this honor. With her strong leadership and compassion, Jaene was able to successfully guide the Clubs through the challenging days of the pandemic.”
Miranda is one of a dozen women honored at the event. Other honorees include:
- MELIDA AKITI, VP Ambulatory & Community Service, Memorial Healthcare Systems (Broward)
- YINETH SANCHEZ ASLAN – GEICO Staff Counsel, Law Offices of George L. Cimballa, III (Broward)
- MARIA S. ANTUNA – CEO Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Palm Beach County – (Palm Beach)
- ERBI BLANCO-TRUE – Community Development Manager, IBERIABANK, First Horizon Bank (Miami)
- THAYRA «Tye» HAUSHEER – Volunteer Community Leader AARP Florida (Miami)
- HEIDI ALZATE KAUFMAN – Founder/President Heidi Alzate Consulting (Broward)
- JACQUELINE LOPEZ-DEVINE – Chief Clinical Officer/Chief Nursing Officer, Trustbridge ( Palm Beach)
- JESSICA MARRA – Attorney, Law Firm of Kelley Kronenberg – (Broward)
- JAENE MIRANDA – Pres/CEO Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County (Palm Beach)
- LUBBY NAVARRO – School Board Member Miami-Dade County/Director of Government Affairs Memorial Healthcare Systems (Miami)
- KIMBERLY VALENTIN – Area Manager Community Care Program – Encompass Home Health – (Broward)
- CAROLINA VEIRA – Dir. Community & Corporate Partnerships IMC Health (Miami)
OMAIDA C. VELAZQUEZ, M.D. Professor/Chair Department of Surgery for University of Miami Miller School of Medicine- awarded 2021 Latina Pioneer of the Year Award.
JULIETTE ASHLEY VALLE awarded Up & Comer Latina Award
Founded in 2001, the goal of the Hispanic Women of Distinction awards was to help to empower Latinas and to recognize the influence they have in the South Florida community. Organizers say both past and present honorees are not afraid to dream big, to carve their own paths, to be grateful for the opportunities they have received, and to pay it forward to those who will follow.
If you would like to support Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County, click on the button below.